Thursday, March 15, 2012

Short and Sweet Please

Hey everyone, okay so I had a "realization" on the bus back to the hotel tonight. After reading some division 1 team blogs, I decided that it makes a lot more sense to write more often but make it right to the point. Until now I had been saving up loads and loads of news, gossips, and what not to compile into large blogs. I realized it has been becoming hard to remember all the good details you guys want to hear.

Okay so let me catch everyone up. Currently we are 3-2, but we are rewinding back to the beginning of this spring break. The first game of break started down in Long Island again. Haha who can complain about playing on Long Island? It never gets old! All of our fans packed out the bleachers at Levittown Saturday night, it was great. Manhattanville was no cake walk but we got it done. Most of the guys suspended from first couple of games were back and able to play. Freshman James Read really stepped up to the plate and fulfilled the void lost by injured freshman Brendan Damn by scoring nine points, 5 goals 4 assists. His performance earned him SUNYAC Player of the Week, congrats Read. Now, usually I am not a selfish person, but I got to get it out there for those fans who were not there to witness, and for the stat keepers who messed up. Not to take anything away from James, but he only scored 4 goals. The other goal was from a guy named Mike Santisteban. I officially recorded my first goal of the season versus Farmingdale and my second in this game. Just throwing that out there. It is not being selfish, I am just trying to catch up to some guy named Kyle Norchi. Keep chipping away man.

Following a great fund raising event in Kings Park on Sunday, the team headed off to the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia. We prepped ourselves by watching consecutive episodes of Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I was pretty excited to visit a new city and be able to compare it New York, but then again is anything really comparable? We arrived at about 11pm and the whole team was pretty blown away by the rooms we were staying in. 10th and 11th floor suites with flat screen tvs, full kitchen, dinning room, and a balcony views that would impress just about anyone. Most of the guys just hit the hay the first night to rest up for our first day off. The next day we toured Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence was signed. It was pretty awesome, but pretty boring, sorry John Wayne (our tour guide).
(This painting lies inside Independence Hall, but the funny thing is, it is a painting of the signing of the Constitution and not the Declaration of Independence.) Oh well...


Is everybody here familiar with the U, formerly known as the University of Miami? Well I guess Ursinus did not get the message. I do not want to talk trash, but cmon man. You can not represent a small school in Pennsylvania as the 'U', hundreds of miles away from the real thing. Well anyways, Ursinus was finally going to be a true test for us, and everyone was pretty pumped to go out there and make a statement. I do not want to make excuses but I really think we shot ourselves in the foot and it is frustrating because if you were not there to see how poorly we played and just looked at the box score, you would not understand.

Alright I know this was not my best, but I needed to just catch things up. Right now we are in beautiful Virginia Beach and we are loving it. I will have another blog up on the bus ride home after Saturdays game versus Western Connecticut. I am also working on a video for YouTube that I think is just going to be a compilation of some game clips and clips from us just hanging out. You will be able to get a better picture of how great things have been so far on this trip. You can get a little tease by this picture of our view from our rooms.
Stay tuned on Twitter or check back in soon to read about the rest of our trip. Hopefully the video will be ready soon also.

-Mike Santi #12

No comments:

Post a Comment