Friday, April 23, 2010

Along the Western front

I figured I'd drop a quick blog before I starting packing for our trip to Cortland today. What can you say about Cortland? They'er 4th in the nation and the defending national champions. So their pretty good. But so are we, if I do say so myself. Last year I think a lot of people didn't think to highly of us and played them to a four goal game. This years team is even stronger. I know I have said this a thousand times but I really feel that when we are on we can run with any team in the country.

So travel day today. Get to eat some more Brooklyn Pickle which is fantastic. Price told me he picked up Avatar for the bus ride so that should be good. Anything is better than Twilight which Coach Kav continues to threaten us to show. Yes that is, Twilight, the movie based on the book who's biggest fans are 14 year old girls. Fantastic.

Lost ten bucks yesterday on a bet I made freshman year that Tim Tebow would not go in the first round. Thank you Denver Broncos. Jets picked up DB Kyle Wilson from Boise State. Don't know much about the kid except that he had 10 tackles his freshman year in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma aka the greatest game ever. Quick side note, what in gods name are the players doing in that stupid video they show of them after they get picked. Was the camera man like "Ok, for most of you this will be the first time you get serious face time on national television, so try to look like as much of an idiot as you can." Their is nothing more awkward than a 350 offensive lineman trying to dance.

Yesterday I learned an important lesson. Anyone over the age of 55 is terrible at Family Feud. Also Richard Dawson is my hero.

My astronomy teacher showed me this video last year about what would happen if an asteroid the size of Texas hit us. Pretty unreal. And who doesn't love Pink Floyd?
-DeFran

No comments:

Post a Comment