Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cards making big moves





Check out the Cards making headlines! Junior goalie Logan Carpenter and senior FOSHO Ryan Price (both pictured above) were honored this week not only with SUNYAC Goalie and Player of the week but ECAC Goalie and Player of the week, a first for our program. Although these are obviously individual accolades, they "represent our success as a team" as Coach Kavanagh so eloquently put it. Therefore, I told Logan I expect a quarter of the award.

St. Lawrence is up tomorrow in our final game before our SUNYAC schedule begins. The Saints are a tough team, and it will definitely be a battle from whistle to whistle. For those of you that can make it, be sure your extra loud to make up for everyone that can't come! For those of you that will be staying home check out our live stats feed here. Now I know their seemed to be some difficulties with Clarkson's live feed last week (I heard Mr. Norchi punched his monitor). However, here at Plattsburgh State we pride ourselves in being technologically savvy and I have full confidence in our sports information director Patrick Stewart that none of you will have to abuse your computers (no pressure Patrick).

How about Duke? If Hayward would have hit that shot at the end I think my housemate/teammate Tucker Glass would have put his foot through the TV. The UCONN women won as well..shocker, I know. Also my Mets currently have a better winning percentage than the Yanks so all is right in the world. I think I'm gonna watch the Bird/Magic documentary and then hit the hay. Honestly, I know I've told you people before, but this thing is magical....wow that was a terrible pun. Seriously though, it's an awesome story that's really well done. On top of all that Bryant Gumbel curses in what may very well be my favorite quote of all time (this does not include anything said by Mike Tyson or Ron Artest who are just priceless in interviews).

Well that about wraps it up for now. I'll try and post a game recap as soon as I can tomorrow or possibly Thursday...

I know it's April but come on who doesn't love a little E,W&F....
-DeFran

No comments:

Post a Comment