Friday, April 16, 2010

Cards in Cuse part 2

Hey all! First I'd like to apologize for my lack of posts over the past couple of days. My computer was being fixed this whole week so my internet access was limited at best.

Obviously Wednesday's game was terrible. It's really hard to take away anything positive from that result. I think everyone can agree we did not play even close to our best lacrosse. The one bright spot of the whole situation was the fact that despite being down 11-4 in the fourth we did not ever give up and came within 3 goals. When it comes down to it though Wednesday hurt but we have to regroup and move on.

Luckily for us we don't have to wait too long to get back on the field. Tonight we're staying in Syracuse. Got a great sandwich at everyone's favorite Syracuse deli, The Brooklyn Pickle. A team favorite was "The Brooklyn Pickle" which consists of pastrami, roast beef, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing. Congrats to Norchi who had his first ever pastrami sandwich.

Tomorrow we head out to Geneseo. The Blue Knights are definitely a strong squad that's gonna come out hard against us. We need to come out strong and keep the pressure on for a full 60 minutes.

I hope all of you can make it out to the game. I know it's a long drive though for a lot of you islanders so any support is good support!

Sidenote- Have you people seen the new sandwich at KFC? This monstrosity of a sandwich is known as "The Double Down" and prides itself on the fact that it has no bread. The sandwich is made up of a piece of fried chicken, cheese, bacon, more cheese and another piece of fried chicken. Good god. I just read that last sentence and had a heart attack. The nutritional facts can best be described as comical: 540 calories, 32 grams of fat and 1,380 milligrams of sodium. Don't worry though, for those of you on a diet they have a grilled version as well. I think my favorite part of this whole thing are some of the comments left under the sandwich commercial on Youtube. Some of my favorites:

"And with 1 more dollar the cashier will kindly stab you in the heart"

"My friend had one of these Thursday, the funerals on Sunday"


Give it all or don't bother giving anything...
-DeFran

No comments:

Post a Comment