Sunday, September 4, 2011

Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is...

Hello everyone, the time has come for a new editor/writer of the Cardinals Men's Lacrosse blog which as most of you know was originally started by alumni Dan DeFrancesco. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mike Santisteban, and I have volunteered to take over with the intent of keeping this blog going strong.
Okay well I suppose this is the part where I tell you more about my self, sort of a brag session I guess? Like I said, my name is Mike and I am a junior now here at Plattsburgh State. I am majoring in elementary education with a concentration in fine arts. I am from Lawrence, Long Island, New York. I must specify because unlike Dan, I am a huge Long Island fan and I would not want to be mistaken for living anywhere else (just kidding people). I am the son of Joel and Linda Santisteban, both two wonderful parents that I love very much (feel like I am obligated to give them a shout out, so I did). I have an older sister, Lisa, who is also an education major and has just graduated from Queens College and has been employed in the fine Brooklyn area. I also have a younger brother Joel, who is a sophomore football and lacrosse player at M.I.T, some ask constantly if I am jealous, and I laugh and say, "No I am not, are you jealous?"
In high school I was typically not the best student but I aimed to change that aspect of myself, and I think I have certainly done so. I have been on the Student Dean's List (3.5 GPA or above) every semester here, as well as All SUNYAC Academic and the Commissioner's List 2 times as well. On the field I am a FOSHO, more commonly known as a FOGO (face-off-get-off), but here at Plattsburgh we do things a little unorthodox. I have worked under Coach Ryan Cavanagh as well as played and trained under alumni fosho Ryan Price. I have seen ups and downs on and off the field but I know my teammates have my back like I have theirs to get through anything. My 2 years so far at Plattsburgh have been awesome, I currently just moved off campus with 4 of probably the best guys I know, and who I have basically lived with for both 2 years in the dorms. (Tommy Kilderry aka Kildo, Kevin Pickering aka Pick, and Johnny VanWinkle aka Minnesota).
Moving things along as some of you guys may know, as a way to sort of expose and expand this program, I have created some videos on YouTube that I started last year (Dirty Bird Productions), sort of documenting this whole experience for fans and parents. I just guessed we wont have really much after we graduate but memories, so might as well make these memories viewable and lasting (maybe one day down the road show my kids, like my dad still insists on showing me his high school football tapes). My YouTube name is MJSLAX12, so you can just type that in on YouTube to see the list, or else just stay tuned here because any video I create will be posted on this blog as well. Please feel free to comment and critique anything that you would like to 1.see, 2.not see, 3. anything at all! My email is msant003@mail.plattsburgh.edu, if you would like to comment by writing an email I am open for that as well. I love constructive criticism, as an artist it has kind of been instilled in me, and I believe it will make things better for future films and what.

I am very excited to be writing and filming, as well as playing and studying. Please bare with me if I don't blog for some time, I promise it wont be very long at all, as I am sure my dad will be on my case. Without further ado I present the first video of this fall. I hope you all enjoy.

-Mike

1 comment:

  1. Great job Mike! Nice to see that the tradition continues! Go Cards!

    ReplyDelete