Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Work Hard, Party Harder

How is it going everyone? First off, I want to thank Mrs. DeFran for complimenting my first blog. Thank You! So the end of summer has officially passed, Labor Day. (I know what you science majors are thinking, the end to summer is officially the September equinox or the 21st. Just bare with me!) With that said, the weather here couldn't have reflected that any better. It has been 60 degrees and raining on and off with a consistent bitter cold wind. The nights have been nothing but chilly and require one to wear a sweatshirt without option. Oh Plattsburgh, how you don't seem to amaze me! Classes are going well, and it just seems like the work never ends, but that's a good thing, right? We have been playing pickup games while hitting the gym and studying in the library. (I am currently writing this in our team mandatory study hall hour)

During my spare time I have been keeping up with the Quick Silver Pro Surf Tour in Long Beach, NY. For those of you that don't know and aren't really familiar with surfing, it is basically all of the best surfers in the world gathered in Long Beach competing for the biggest cash prize reward the sports ever seen. ($ 1,000,000) Oh wouldn't that be nice. It is an awesome event, not only for the sport but for Long Island as well. Surfing is definitely not well known in northern New York, I suppose its the equivalent to hunting up here.


Coach Cavanagh has been working extremely hard to tie together all of the lose ends that resulted from the coaching switch. With ongoing support from the captains,myself, and some other guys, we are currently working on setting up our annual St. Baldricks event. We are also designing equipment and gear that we will be wearing this year. With all of this on our plate, we find it mandatory to make time to give back to our community. Additionally, this Saturday is the 2nd annual Plattsburgh Rotary Bed Race which we will be participating in. For those who don't know, last year we lost to the hockey team taking 2nd and 3rd. We are certainly out for revenge!

Alright, I am going to head out now. I have to work ahead in my classes because this Monday I am traveling down with some guys to Albany to see Avicii perform at The Armory. I am very excited therefore I must get this work done so I can party hard, hence the title of this blog. I will catch up with you guys after this Saturday to tell you about the bed race and how it went and also talk about the start of the 2011-2012 NFL season! Lets go COWBOYS!

I leave you with the answer to the question I know some of you have... Who's Avicii?

-Enjoy, Mike Santi



No comments:

Post a Comment