Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mrs. O'Connor's 5th Grade Class...

Hello Everyone, as you all know on this day 10 years ago, America and the beautiful city of New York were attacked. Attacked in a brutal and cower way that almost know one could have expected. A day that looked to be absolutely perfect, turned upside down, in moments. I was 10 years old at the time, sitting in my 5th grade classroom when the news struck. I guess it is one of those events that you will literally not forget one detail about. I remember the look on Mrs. O'Connor's face when the principal whispered it into her ear. Baffled, stunned, and alarmed, her reaction was speechless. I knew something was wrong. I remember the rest of the day at home, watching the news with my mom and brother, just being terrified. The smoke actually covering our town. In the late afternoon we gathered for a candle ceremony to pray for the men and women of our fire department whose lives were still unknown.

Terror attacks on the greatest city and country in the world. Could it be possible? Firefighters, policeman, and civilians all working endlessly to save the lives of anyone that could remain in the ashes, smoke, and metal. It was a true indication of the strength of our country. I praise all the heroes that this country truly does have. Starting from the men and women on board United Airlines Flight 93, who led a passenger revolt that disrupted plains the terrorist might of had. To all the firefighters, policeman, hospital workers, and civilians who either risked their life or lost their life, to protect, honor and defend this beautiful country. Among those civilians, Wells Crowther, a former Boston College lacrosse player was one of those true heroes. I am putting this video up, don't scan threw it, watch it. It is a beautiful story that is very emotional and will certainly bring tears to your eyes. This is to remember not just Wells, but everyone who has their own story on 9/11. This country knows how much of a hero you are!

-What would you do in the last hour of your life?


-this is a very emotional blog for me, and I apologize because it probably wasn't my best written one. It is tough when your body has chills and your eyes are filled with tears. I apologize.

-Mike


-present day New York City skyline. Still the greatest city in the world, and just as beautiful as ever!





1 comment:

  1. Very moving blog and video Mike...nice job. A truly emotional time in our lives that will be with us forever.

    ReplyDelete