Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries.

Well at least this season hasn't been hectic or anything...

For those of you that have not heard, the game tomorrow against St. Mikes has been postponed for an undetermined amount of time. Although I don't know the details I believe it had something to do with the 20 or so inches of snow this area got over the past couple of days. All is not lost as the game most likely will be rescheduled and possibly as a home game.

As for now we can focus on SUNY Maritime which we will play Saturday afternoon to kick off our Spring Break road trip.

Hands down SUNY Maritime has the coolest field (besides of course our own Cardinal Birdnest). You are literally right underneath the Throgs Neck bridge. We used to make bets to see if we could actually hit the bridge with a shot. Yeah we never came close. Not even a little bit.

Before we even get to Maritime we have another little tradition the team gets to partake in...

During my freshman year I had the bright idea to volunteer my mother to cook her world famous meatball Parmesan sandwiches for my entire lacrosse team. What started out as a nice little pre-game meal has turned into a tradition that has lasted the four years I have been on the team. So with the help of my grandmother, my mother cooks an obscene amount of meatballs. Ever year on our way down to Spring Break we stop in good ole Poughquag, NY to devour as many meatball parm sandwiches as we can.

The tradition caught a bit of a snag when during my sophomore year meatball parm fell on a Friday. My grandmother, the devout Catholic she is, had a tough time making 100's of meat products to be consumed by 30 plus men on a Friday during Lent. Thankfully my Grandmother decided as long as she provided a non-meat alternative for those on the team wishing to not eat meat she would be absolved of all sins, and for that I thank God.

I really can't thank my mom and grandma enough for all they do when it comes to meatball parm. My mom started preparing this year before I had even left for school. All of the work is greatly appreciated as it means more to me and the rest of the team than they can ever realize.

Tomorrow is picture day! I haven't been growing out my hair for nothing. Hopefully they'll update our roster with photos and you can see for yourself how truly ugly some of the freshman on the team are. Joking....sort of.


Great explanation of why LI high school football doesn't play the rest of the state posted on yesterdays blog. Who ever did that thank you very much! The person did however miss one very famous NFL football player:
Freeport's own D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Best left tackle in the game.


Coca-Cola would be green if coloring wasn’t added.

God I wish I could surf
-DeFran






No comments:

Post a Comment