Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's like "The Sopranos", it's over find a new show

So it's been awhile since I have posted on here and my apologies. Once again my family was quick to remind me that I was slacking on my duties:

From my sister: "Dear Dan, Update your blog. love, alex."

In an email from my mother: "BTW, did you forget you have a blog?"

So needless to say your concerns have been heard. In reconciliation of my errors I have provided one of my favorite comics: "Calvin and Hobbes"

Why do you think I always put a video at the end of my blog?
Presentation over product always.

So big week for the Cards. First off, on Monday Norchi and Caufield were named SUNYAC Player and Goalie of the week, respectively. In his typical selfish style, Norchi attempted to reign on Caufield's parade by being named ECAC Division III Upstate player of the week a mere 2 days later.

All kidding aside congrats to both guys. The awards are definitely well deserved.

On Wednesday we were once again victors in "The Battle for Champy". Guys played great in the win. Although 10-8 doesn't sound like a typical Plattsburgh lacrosse score that's not necessarily a bad thing. It shows that we can grind out a win even when we get out of our style of lacrosse. Great goal by Will Hockenjos who once again made the most of his minutes, on his birthday no less.

Also I would like to personally congratulate myself on spreading the legend of "The Battle of Champy". Both WPTZ, the local TV station, and the Press Republican referred to the game as "The Battle for Champy" at some point in their broadcast/article. Now all we need is a trophy...

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful as we had no game this weekend. We are back in action on Wednesday to take on a tough team in Clarkson. Looking forward to another challenging game to play in front of our home crowd. Hopefully with the gaming being at 4 p.m. as opposed to 7 p.m. everyone will not be gone after the first quarter due to the cold.

Today their was a marathon of Swamp People on the History Channel so my day was pretty much shot. For those of you that don't know what Swamp People is let me explain.

Imagine if their were a group of people that despite living in the continental United States still spoke a slang so strong subtitles needed to be used to understand what they were saying. For one month every year these people would travel out on boats essentially made of sheet metal deep into swamps for which they have no GPS for. Once inside they set up traps to catch alligators that range in size from 6-12 feet and upwards. The method for catching such creatures is by pulling on the rope they are hooked to with one bare hand while they shoot them in the head with a rifle in their other hand.



Oh yeah and this guy is one of the stars of the show...

New season starts Thursday at 9 p.m. You're welcome.

Usually I'm not a fan of these types of shows. It seems like if you work any type of blue collar job A&E or the History channel will be more than willing to give you your own reality television show. Off the top of my head there are reality shows about: lumberjacks, gold miners, Alaskan state troopers, truck drivers, restaurant owners, coal miners, division III lacrosse players that write blogs (no but really imagine), ice road truckers and people that own hair salons.

Swamp People is a completely different breed though. Literally.

I spotted a high of 47 degrees in the 10 day for Plattsburgh. We'll see if that holds up. Most likely not and God is simply playing a cruel joke on me.

Britney Spears and Radiohead come out with new CD's on Tuesday. Is it bad that I am more surprised that Britney, as opposed to Radiohead, is still alive?


This beat is toxic
-DeFran





1 comment: