Friday, February 4, 2011

Men's Lacrosse Begins Preparing for 2011

With students returning to campus after a long winter break, the men's lacrosse team has begun to get ready for the 2011 season. Practices began earlier this week, with the season opener set for March 4th at Western Connecticut State. Check out members of the team in their second practice of the year.



Couple things I love about this video:

1.Fellow roommate and senior Will Folgherait's camera angle when filming. Watch out James Cameron, theirs a new director on the block!

2.Sophmore Dan Field's running of the 40 yard dash. I could watch that all day. (He was clocked at a speedy 7.5 seconds)

3.Sophmore Brett McClelland absolutely lighting up freshman Frank Gargiulo at the 1:04 mark during Gennies.

4.Did you see that feed by that stud #34? Wow talk about a playmaker.

5.Head Coach P.J. Kavanagh explaining to freshman Charlie Dullea why he was stuffed by sophomore goalie Gordie Gehring.

6.160's!!!

First week has gone great. Had a my first career snow day on Wednesday. It's still early but the teams really starting to mold together.

Quick note: I made a twitter page! I'll try to keep you up to date on scores and whatnot. The tweets aren't private so you we'll be able to view them regardless of whether you have a twitter account or not. Check it out:

http://twitter.com/#!/therealdefran

Blake Griffin made the NBA All-Star team and apparently this isn't sitting well with certain people. I'm not gonna get into the fact that the man is a double double machine. I'll simply show you this:



I rest my case.


It's officially Saturday, which means it's the weekend! Every time I hear this song I think of the scene from "Heavyweights" when they are at the dance.
-DeFran

1 comment:

  1. DAN - American Idol ? GAG - love ur posts - keep focus on ur communications endeavors -
    Bob Glass
    315-402-8499

    ReplyDelete