Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stock in Head & Shoulders will fall 30% tommorrow...

What a great game! Their is nothing quite like Super Bowl Sunday. I love sports, but I love the fact that people that don't know the difference between a touchdown and a goalpost still watch the Super Bowl. I know a lot of sports fanatics stick their noses up at bandwagon fans that only jump onto a team when they start doing well in the playoffs. Personally I say the more the merrier. Events like the Superbowl, the World Cup and the Olympics are great because people follow sports they might not normally.

The next best thing about the Super Bowl is obviously the commercial. It is probably the only sporting event where it is considered courteous to talk DURING the game as opposed to the commercials. I had a couple favorites:



Reasons why:
1.Referenced Star Wars
2.Sick costume
3.At :25 when his mom pushes the sandwich towards him in an attempt to pretend he has the force which he finds extremely disheartening
4.His final reaction upon the car turning on


I just think the interaction between the two friends is hilarious.

Well with the first week in the books I have to say I am really impressed with the teams effort thus far. It is still real early but it just feels like we have a good thing going. Their is always a good vibe in the locker room and I think everyone on the team really brings something to the table that can help us win. Although the team I drafted for Saturday's scrimmages went 1-2 we finished strong. I was happy with all my draft picks.

Hope you enjoyed our video of practice. We are gonna try to do a lot more of that stuff, especially on road trips to show you guys the behind the scenes of the team. Put 35 18 to 22 year-old's in a hotel room in a foreign city and funny things are bound to happen. Leave some comments of stuff you really wanna see and we can try and make it happen.

Also thought I'd mention again that we are running a Twitter account. Let me give you my 15 second spin on Twitter:

When Twitter first came out and people were freaking out about what type of salad dressing Ashton Kutcher was getting and how Paris Hilton likes her coffee I thought it was the stupidest thing ever. Why do I care what a bunch of celebrities are do. My interest still didn't peak even when the Twitter bug caught on in the sports world with athletes tweeting during halftime of their games. Then this past winter break while attending a basketball game with one of my good friends Andrew Luckie we had the following conversation:

Luckie: "Yo dude I got a twitter, its sick."
Me: "That's stupid, no one wants to know what you ate for dinner besides your mom."
Luckie: "Nah man, I don't actually tweet I just follow people, they say some funny stuff."
Me: "Does Ron Artest have a twitter account?"
Luckie: "Yes"
Me: "I'm in."

So for the month or so I used twitter as simply a way to follow some of my favorite athletes and monitor Ron Artest. Then I was in the shower the other day and I had this great idea. Why not use twitter to post scores and updates on our team! The blog is great and I will update it a lot but obviously I can't write a blog while we are on the way back from Oswego or St.Lawrence. I can access Twitter from my phone so it will be a way for me to post scores and what not quickly without having to write a full blog. So that's why I have a twitter. Check it out:

http://twitter.com/#!/therealdefran


What a legend.
-DeFran

No comments:

Post a Comment