Friday, March 19, 2010

Cardinals > Ospreys

Today's 22-11 win, in a nutshell, was the exact opposite of Mondays performance against St. Mary's. We came out on fire scoring five unanswered goals to get things started. No box score out yet so I'll give you guys a quick run down. Norchi, Weidlein and Morgan had their typical monster days on attack (8,7 and 6 points each,respectively, I believe). Price dominated at the faceoff X, Logan played the first half like a brick wall letting up only 2 goals and the middies got it done between the lines. Oh and the close defense wasn't too bad either.

Also quick side note, sophomore middie Brandon "B-Nasty" Smith had the most absurd goal I've seen in a long time. After beating his man he dived around the goalie and couple more defense men to put it in. Straight up Gary Gait in the Dome circa 1990. Unfortunately at this point the score was already pretty out of hand and I don't think the ref's wanted to demoralize the other team to bad so they called B-Nasty in the crease. Either way the goal was out of control and deserves a shout out.

Not much else to say. It is however 4 a.m. and we just got to the hotel so I think I'm gonna pass out. I just would like to give a big obscene gesture to the capital district before I go. Not only did you have horrible weather while we were their on spring break postponing out games, you ruined my bracket. Georgetown....come on really?? I picked you guys to win it all and you decide to lose to A FOURTEEN SEED?! You were playing Ohio NOT Ohio State you know? Now that my bracket is essentially toilet paper I guess I'll cheer for 'Cuse considering all my roommates are orange crazed. First though my full support is behind Siena, considering they have a Poughkeepsie native in star g/f Edwin Ubiles. Ubiles also happens to be related to former Plattsburgh star baller Anthony Williams, weird.

Also big thanks to the Tansey's for being crazy enough to open their home and let us eat their fantastic food. It's gonna be hard eating microwavable dinners every night when I go back to school.

Great song...even better video:
-DeFran

No comments:

Post a Comment