Thursday, March 4, 2010

Don't Tread On Me

Well its been six weeks in the making and now that it's almost here it feels a little surreal. This weeks practices definitely had an increased amount of intensity with the upcoming games. The team really looked to be running on all cylinders in Wednesday's full field scrimmage. A lot of people might think that we're too young of a team to make any noise but all the freshman have picked up our style of play quick are game ready. I don't see the scared 18-year-old Winnie the Pooh loving-boy's that came to fall ball in September anymore. I see 16 men ready to give everything they have for their teammates. Every one on this team from top to bottom, attack to goalie, senior to freshman is ready to battle and put it all on the line to leave the island with two W's and that's what makes this years team so great.

Well I should probably go to bed considering we do have to leave at 9 a.m. tomorrow. If you live on Long Island and your reading this than chances are I don't have to tell you this but...GO TO OUR GAME! For those of you that don't know the games at 7 p.m. at Lindenhurst Middle School, former home of senior captains Mike Glynn and Ryan Price and freshman Joe "Mad Dog" Kramer. I'm not a geography major but I'm pretty sure LI is about 10 miles long, give or take, so the commute shouldn't be bad. Honestly people where I'm from it takes 30 minutes to get across my school district, not my county. So come, bring your family, bring a friend, bring your dog, bring anything as long as it makes noise for the Cards. AND WEAR RED!

Hope to see everyone tomorrow (actually tonight). I'll leave you with another classic....
-DeFran


PS-The Jets got Antonio Cromartie...ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Super Bowl 2011..Book it. Done.

PPS-For those of you unable to attend the game I'll try to post about the results as soon as I can but head to our schools main website for the most up to date scores here

No comments:

Post a Comment