Monday, May 9, 2011

Sanskrit. You're majoring in a 5,000 year old dead language?

The votes are in and three Cards took home post season honors.

Senior Kyle Norchi, Sophomore Nick Travers and Freshman Charlie Dullea all earned All-SUNYAC honors.

Huge congratulations to all the guys they definitely deserved it.

Travers was awesome for us at the midfield. He especially came up for us big this year in SUNYAC's. If I had to put my thumb on the point when I realized Travers really meant business it would have probably been the St.Lawrence game when he put up five goals. Not awarding him second-team would have been a TRAVESTY. <---See what I did there

Chuck is a beast of an LSM. It seemed like he scored a goal in every SUNYAC game (he did, except for Geneseo). He's got some nasty take away checks and is usually one of the fastest kids on the field at any given time. Every game he got the opposing teams top middie and did a great job shutting him down. I hope he doesn't miss me screaming "DON'T THROW STUPID CHECKS CHUCK!" next year during games.

Both these guys are new to the program and honestly the sky is the limit for them.

Finally there is Kyle Norchi, aka Mr.Goose. What can I say about this kid that I haven't in the past 50 posts. I'll be honest I was checking our website all day to find out who got picked, not for myself, but to see if Norchi got first team honors. The past couple of years Kyle has gotten second-team and honestly it's ridiculous. Although I know he would trade all his awards for a SUNYAC playoff berth, I'm glad Kyle finally got the recognition he deserved. He's the best attackman in the conference, period.

Our annual team BBQ is Wednesday so I'll have more awards to announce after that.

Also we have the senior banquet awards tomorrow where more awards will be announced. I think Kyle is up for something there too. Go figure.

Went to go food shopping today and found out that my beloved Powerade had dropped another 10 cents. Over the past two weeks it has dropped 20 cents. Normally I would be happy that my beverage of choice has gotten cheaper. One problem. Since I started food shopping my freshman year of college Powerade hasn't changed its price FOR FOUR YEARS. Now with 2 weeks remaining in my college career the good folks at Coca Cola decide to start slashing prices. Sweet life.

Now that we are well into May some of my best friends from high school that attend other schools have started graduating. It's kind of like a horror movie where one by one your friends get picked off. When someone graduates you all look around at each other, feel bad for them for a couple minutes, and than realize you could be next.



This one's for you Mike Williams...you had a good run.

-Dan DeFrancesco



No comments:

Post a Comment