Monday, April 11, 2011

I turned the whole world into a tabloid


Stop.

Before you say it, I already know.

Let's just move on and forget that it's been over a week since my last blog.

Big things have gone down in this past week. Last Wednesday we had a tough overtime loss to St. Lawrence. I have lost 4 overtime games in my entire lacrosse career and I remember each one vividly. This one definitely tops them all. Every year it seemed like we were getting closer to beating them. I really feel like I let the program down considering this is a team that we have never beaten. At this point I just hope the younger guys learn from the loss and can do what I couldn't do in my four years here.

On a lighter note congrats to Nick Travers who had a career day scoring 5 goals in the losing effort.

Friday was a bit of a different story. Great game, great cause, great turnout. Big shout outs to the Alonge and McClelland families who raised $275. That along with the money raised in the raffle totaled $522, which will be given to the Fitzpatrick Cancer Center in Plattsburgh. Not only were we able to help raise money for cancer research but we also got a nice W for the home fans. Although the game was a bit sloppy at times we still managed to pull out the victory. Oh yeah by the way...DID YOU NOTICE HOW GOD &^%$ GOOD WE LOOKED?

This week we round out our tour of the North Country when we take on Potsdam at home on Wednesday. The bears are tough squad that always gives us a good game.

Also like to say congratulations again to Travers who earned SUNYAC player of the week honors for his 5 point effort against St.Lawrence and 4 point game against Morrisville. Nice to see someone take home that honor that's last name doesn't end in "orchi".

This is it folks. Besides out trip down to Williams we are officially in SUNYAC season. Every game from here on out can basically be considered a playoff game with a loss to any team seriously damaging your chances of making the playoffs. While some people might look at this as a negative aspect of our conference, personally I love it.

The fact that, with every game, there is so much on the line is awesome. It makes the season that much more exciting. It reminds me a lot of college football. While I am definitely not a supporter of the BCS system I can appreciate it's fans who say that it makes the regular season that much more exciting.

I really feel like Swamp People is catching on among the team. At this point, if you're not watching I feel sorry for you.

I will say this about the show. I know I like to go one here and crack on them because, well, it's easy. However, I would be willing to bet that if camera crews came to Plattsburgh to film my life people in the south would definitely make fun of "the dumb yankee boy". How do I know this? They already did it and it's called "The Jersey Shore". Haha ok that was a joke (besides those people are WAY less intelligent than Troy and the Swamp People) but my point is just because it's funny and weird to us doesn't necessarily make them wrong. It is just two completely different lifestyles.

Ok, hopefully I don't break my leg as I get off my high horse.

I also was in a bit of predicament the other day. In case you didn't know I am a big fan of food. So the other day I decided to order myself some Applebee's Car-Side-To-Go. For those of you unfamiliar with this process it is basically like ordering take-out at Applebees. There is a catch though: They deliver it to your car without you having to get out. Fancy, I know. Now I had ordered from them a handful of times before but every time I did it was after the "car side" aspect of the program was closed because it was so late. Not a big deal as my obesity has not yet overcome me enough where I can't get out of my car. However on this particular evening I had placed my order early enough to enjoy the perk of sitting in my car while my food was brought to me. Here in lies my problem: Do I tip the food deliverer?

As the food neared my car I had a mini panic attack as I realized I would have to make this decision within the next 15 seconds. Lucky for me I paid with a debit card which gave me another minute as the deliverer returned inside to complete the transaction. As if this whole process wasn't stressful enough, after giving me back my card and receipt to sign the deliverer stood next to my car waiting for me to sign the receipt.

I decided to give her two bucks because she was cute. God I'm a sucker for blondes.

-DeFran

No comments:

Post a Comment