Tuesday, April 12, 2011

That's somebodys daughter up there


Tomorrow's another big day here in the 'burgh. Potsdam is one of our biggest rivals and always a great game. Definitely looking forward to scrapping it out for 2 hours in what is gonna be an absolute battle.

The game is at 4 p.m. so if you're in the area I strongly encourage you to stop by the field house as we would love your support. I know week day games are tough, especially for those of you out there on the island, but SUNYAC games are definitely worth the trip.

Unfortunately the weather is supposed to be absolutely miserable up here. This doesn't surprise me considering last time we played Potsdam at Plattsburgh it started hailing the size of golf balls in the fourth quarter. T.I.P.-This is Plattsburgh.

So today after dinner we saw a commercial on TV for a very dumb movie, which I can't think of right now. It was at that point that I turned to Tucker and told him how I planned on becoming a millionaire when I wrote a screenplay for a movie about William Randolph Hearst's life, the crazed media tycoon who started the yellow journalism war with Joseph Pulitzer in the early 1900's. I had to read about Hearst in my Media and Journalism class last week and found him hilarious. The dude got kicked out of Harvard because he gave all his professors chamber pots with their faces at the bottom. Awesome.

Great idea right? Well apparently, according to Tucker, someone already beat me to the punch. Some chump named Orson Welles. The movie is called "Citizen Kane". It's considered one of the greatest films ever made.

At least it was a good idea...just 70 years too late.

-DeFran



No comments:

Post a Comment