Wednesday, April 13, 2011

If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freaking eat you




So I was going to put up a picture of a dead bear, due to our victory, but I would hate PETA to start looking into my blog. Instead I decided to put up a logo of The Grateful Dead which just so happens to be a bear....GET IT?

I also decided to put up a picture of this cardinal because it looks bo$$.


Big win for the boys in red and white. Every victory feels good but SUNYAC wins feel great. Pete and Timmy paced the team with four points a piece. Travers, Kramer and McClelland all had two points from the midfield. Caufield came up big with 10 saves.

Like I predicted the game was a battle for three quarters. Potsdam never gave up and drew even with us in the beginning of the third. The defense held strong, stopped the run and the offense stepped up going on to score six unanswered goals.

Glad to see the live stats work for those of you who couldn't make the game. I know Saturday is a far drive for many of you (apparently my parents might have to go through Pennsylvania to get there) but I hope you all can make it.

A trip out west means we get to stop at my favorite restaurant spot, The Brooklyn Pickle. The Pickle is located right in Syracuse and offers some of the best sandwiches known to man...believe it Long Island.

Also we have a bit of a celebrity on our hands. Danny Caufield's fantastic breakaway save is featured in local television stations WPTZ's "Top Plays". Vote for Caufield here and forever turn him into a celebrity...in Plattsburgh. Results will be announced Thursday night so I'll let you know how it goes.

We are looking into doing a guest blog in the upcoming weeks. That should be interesting.

Finally I have a very important announcement. Clarkson defeated St. Lawrence 11-4 today. Now normally this news would just greatly anger me due to the fact that we smoked Clarkson and lost to St. Lawrence in OT. Well as Kyle Norchi pointed it out to me due to that loss we are Kings of the North Country. Follow me here:

Platts, Clarkson and St. Lawrence are all 2-1 among North Country teams (Potsdam is 0-3 wah wah wah). The games are as follows:

Plattsburgh 11 Potsdam 6
Platsburgh 12 Clarkson 5
Plattsburgh 7 St Lawrence 8 (OT)
Clarkson 11 St Lawrence 4
Clarkson 8 Potsdam 7
Potsdam 2 St Lawrence 13

So if you look at all those scores and figure out the score differentials (the tie breaker in SUNYAC) it goes as follows
Clarkson: -7,7,1=1
St Lawrence: 1,-7,11=5
Plattsburgh: 5,7,-1=11

Winner winner chicken parm dinner.

-DeFran


No comments:

Post a Comment